Sunday, January 20, 2008

GET OUT and See The World

I was watching TV the other day and there was this show on called “1000 Places To see Before You Die”. Was a really good show, but the thing that suck with me was the intro. ‘You see only 936 full moons, and experience only 312 seasons in an average lifetime.’ That is profound and shocking when you think of how fleeting our time on Earth really is.

There are a lot of things I have yet to do, and many things looking back I should not have tried, but none of it has stopped me from trying. The couple staring in the show takes 6 months out of their lives to go globe hopping, and that’s great for them, they likely spend $10 million doing it to. Personally I don’t have that kind of money, and neither does most people I know. Most people with money are so busy making it, they can’t enjoy it.

Anyone out there have a few million to donate to my ‘Adventure Fund’?

On a more serious note, You really should cease the moment. Every day, every hour will never come again. If there is something you want to try and do, you should go for it. Problem is people are inherently evil and do not do right. I admit, when I see a pretty women, first thing I think about is sexual in nature. Often even married women if I turn around and see one that is attractive, my mind will lapse into sex for a minute, or two, or ten. Mathew 7 begins with

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

It’s a delicate balance for a Christian in this day and age. It's hard to keep a level head. There is so much to see and do, so little time to do it in, and for the first time in history, possible to do it.

Still I managed to go to Brazil twice, Mexico a dozen times, and been everywhere in the USA. So I guess you could say I have seen a lot in my first 37 years. Now I have only 88 more countries I want to see (most of the other 120 are meaningless or places I would be killed in).

No comments: